Prevent the mast from oscillating
Storage space is expensive. That’s why taller warehouses with accordingly high shelving are on the increase. However, these also entail risks: The masts of reach trucks frequently used in these situations start to oscillate when loaded trucks are used to access greater heights. This makes collisions with shelving and damage to loads and equipment hard to avoid. The driver therefore has to wait until the mast stops wobbling. This costs valuable time. The innovative driver assistance system Dynamic Mast Control (DMC) from Linde Material Handling solves this problem: An electric, highly responsive reach system compensates for mast movements with specific counter-movements. The system ensures that handling processes involving large lift heights are significantly quicker and safer.
Around 50 per cent of reach trucks work at heights of over 8 meters; even 13 meters is not unknown. Linde’s Dynamic Mast Control offers greater productivity and safety.
Innovations for efficient loading processes
Faster, safer, smoother; Linde’s ingenious control and drive technology makes loading processes at height much easier. The driver does not have to actively intervene. Instead, the components work entirely in the background.
The electric drive developed by Linde, which can be controlled more precisely and delicately than a hydraulic drive traditionally used in reach trucks, plays a crucial role here.
The result of the responsive interaction of the electric reach drive and the controls is a significantly steadier mast that makes handling much more efficient: An individual loading process with DMC is around 17 seconds quicker. Costs that arise as a consequence of accidents are also reduced.
- Sensors at the top of the mast detect any oscillation.
- At the same time, measurement units determine the current lift height and the load weight.
- A central controller unit processes all the data and sends control signals to the electric reach drive.
- The electric reach drive balances out the dynamic pendulum movements and any bend in the mast with specific counter-movements.
For greater handling performance with DMC
1. Safer: Every load movement is smooth and stable. This increases the safety of the driver and the load.
2. Faster: The driver doesn't have to wait for the mast to stop wobbling. This means they can deposit the load on the shelving more quickly and remove it just as fast.
3. Smoother: When their masts oscillate, forklift trucks often collide with shelving or pallets. DMC minimizes this risk; the load is placed precisely where it should be.