Increasing productivity safely
Safety is a key productivity factor when mobile handling equipment and pedestrian personnel are moving around in the same space. Linde Safety Scan is a clearly structured consultation service that helps you and your Occupational Safety experts to optimise the safety of traffic within your businesses.
Our safety advice is based on extensive in-depth knowledge of modern intralogistics and our innovative methods. Specially trained experts, Linde Safety Consultants, provide a systematic, step-by-step analysis of potential hazards within warehouse and production areas. They develop bespoke recommendations with organisational and technical solutions for your specific requirements and support you with their implementation. The Linde Safety Scan provides significant safety enhancements for your employees and mobile equipment, resulting in sustainable increases in efficiency and productivity. Investment in the recommended safety measures provides a rapid return. Tangible benefits can be realised in the first year.
The Linde Safety Scan effectively minimises the potential safety risks that can occur in a working environment, involving close proximity
between pedestrian personnel and mobile handling equipment. When implemented, the benefits of the recommended measures quickly become apparent:
- Incidents involving injuries and truck collisions are reduced and collateral damages minimised
- Productivity flow is increased due to less business interruptions and labour and repair costs are reduced
- lower occupational accident insurance contributions.
The Linde Safety Scan further underlines your current commitment to duty of care as an employer, investing in the personal safety and well being of your employees:
- Strengthens the workforce’s awareness of potentially hazardous practices or situations
- Encourages and motivates a general safety awareness
- Enables a consistently smooth flow of internal traffic, materials, and personnel
The product in detail
Systemically increasing the operational safety of internal traffic
The Linde Safety Scan follows a clearly defined process. The Linde Safety Consultants work with you to define your goals, based on your requirements, identify potentially hazardous zones and develop measures and recommended actions for your specific business. Linde Safety Consultants will then assist in the implementation of these measures and the progress documentation.
- We will provide you with a detailed presentation of our Safety Scan system and a comprehensive overview of the advisory services we offer.
- By working with you, your occupational safety experts and your senior management team, we will detail how your business could benefit from a Safety Scan.
- The briefing is based on your specific situation and identifies areas where beneficial enhancements could be made.
- Using a short questionnaire, we analyse your individual safety awareness and internal traffic safety requirements.
- A structured workshop enables us to identify and focus on the internal operational areas, where potentially hazardous incidents could occur between mobile handling equipment and pedestrian personnel.
- As part of an on-site survey, we evaluate both planning documents (floor plans, pedestrian and mobile handling equipment routes) and the premises themselves.
- The analysis provides a complete overview of the safety situation, where pedestrian personnel and mobile equipment are working together in close proximity in the working environment.
- We provide comprehensive documentation of the workshop and the analysis results.
- Using the analysis results, we produce an extensive overview detailing possible actions and develop a recommendation customised to your specific situation.
- We present technical solutions as well as organisational and structural measures; that can enhance operational safety for mobile handling equipment operators, and pedestrian personnel.
- To help you make a decision, we produce a quotation in which we clearly itemise the costs for services from both Linde and third-party providers.
- You decide which of the recommended measures you wish to implement.
- We then assist you in implementing the solutions you have chosen.
- After the recommended measures have been implemented, your Safety Consultant is still available to provide assistance. They carry out an on-site evaluation with you to determine whether the implemented measures are successful.
- Depending on the result of this evaluation, they will discuss with you options for further optimising safety.
- We document and provide copies of the on-site evaluation together with any further recommended actions that might need to be taken.
- If required, our Safety Consultants can continue to provide advice e.g. if there are any changes to your requirements (new processes, expansions etc.).
- This provides an on-going overview of the safety of the analysed area. You can then effectively maintain the increased levels of safety and continue to enhance them using targeted measures.